– Started my weekly schedule of class Monday to Thursday, work Friday to Sunday
– January was a month of being indulgent and letting me treat myself to nice food. I checked out Enoteca Sociale, The County General, Union, Aji Sai‘s all-you-can-eat, and Yours Truly. Union and Yours Truly have won my epicurean heart.
– Had Lunar New Year dinner with the usual suspects, as well as some new friends. Diasporic holiday gathering helped with the inevitable homesickness.
– Challenged myself and signed up for The Social Feed, a communal dinner with a big group of strangers, at Marben.
– Made my first ever pickles! I made some bread-and-butter-ish pickled carrots for the fridge.
– Really was not motivated to focus on school at all. I am disinterested in most of my classes and sometimes just want to forget about assignments and never do them. This continues to be the case…
– went to see a Chinese herbalist for the first time. She told me, “Your body is not capable of digesting all of the food that you put into it.” Dead on. She’s got it dead on. The herbal tea I drank for five days helped with my digestion problems.
– Feeling similar emotions as I did this time last year, which has been a wee bit difficult
– Feeling blue towards the end of the month and upped my daily dose of vitamins
Lunar New Year Eve dinner in Chinatown with some dear friends. January 29, 2012.
Some things I learned this month:
– My body may not be very wheat-tolerant
– I can be vocal about feeling like I’ve being treated with disrespect and thoughtlessness
A list of things I am thankful for this month:
Traditional Chinese medicine, red wine, and my TTC pass, big firm beds, tiny indoor fairy xmas lights
So the keywords for January are food, sadness and health.
What I’m looking forward to in February:
– Working on my zines during reading week for Sarah’s and my big trip to The Chicago Zine Fest
– Getting my second astrology chart reading done by my astrology teacher. We’ll see what’s in store for me in the upcoming year!
– Making dill-pickled carrots!
– Continuing monitoring my body’s reaction to different foods/different amounts of food
Here’s to a good February! Dear Universe, please let it be a good one this year!